Regarding the Upanishads.- Conflicting logic of tenured Indologists.

Lakshmi Srinivas lsrinivas at YAHOO.COM
Fri Feb 11 18:05:58 UTC 2000

--- Krishna Kalale <kkalale1 at SAN.RR.COM> wrote:
> Incidentally,  Zataduusanii was written by Vedanta
> Desika a post Ramanuja
> (visistadvaitin).  Whatever it may be I did not get
> your point as to "the
> shame" issue.  What do you mean by that?

Well Krishna, if all schools of vedanta said the same
thing, as the modern swamiji's and as the
Hindutva-vadi homogenizers of India would like us to
believe, then an acharya of old might have been
expected to be too ashamed or embarrassed to write a
polemical tract criticising another school of vedanta.

But that was not the case. Not only polemical tracts
were written; serious replies to these tracts were
written too. This is clear from the life and works of
Sri Venkatanatha, Mahacharya, Srinivasa et al.

Warm Regards,

LS