Oedipus in Sanskrit?

George Thompson GthomGt at CS.COM
Tue Feb 8 21:39:26 UTC 2000

sseas at SOCRATES.BERKELEY.EDU writes:

>  I must confess that it is a bit startling to see that people interested in
>  this topic seem to be somewhat unaware of what has been published on it.

Just to clarify.  The person whose question I posted to the list was
intereested in evidence suggesting that Oedipus in Sanskrit might be cognate
with Oedipus in Greek [not the names, of course, but the stories, or perhaps
rather elements of the stories].  Evidence, in other words, suggesting that
the story may be Indo-European.

She did not express interest in Oedipal conflict in Sanskrit.  Nor have I.
My main interest in this is to forward references to her, as I had been asked
to do.

George Thompson