Integrity of academia

Rosati dante at POP.INTERPORT.NET
Thu Dec 28 18:02:21 UTC 2000

http://www.infinityfoundation.com/ECITkalichildframeset.htm

"Later in the book (see note #144) the author inexplicably translates
"Shiva-linga" as "Shiva's penis." Perhaps this is because Kripal views Shiva
as one who is "known for his erotic exploits." All I can say on this point
is that this is not the kind of image a practicing Hindu carries in his or
her heart. I have worshipped Shiva my entire life and not once when I gazed
upon the Shiva linga did "Shiva's penis" enter my mind. I can assure you
that this is the same for millions of other practicing Hindus."

Is the author of this statement in deep denial, or am I misinformed? I
always thought a Shiva-linga >was< a phallic symbol, probably the most
famous phallic symbol in existence?

Dante