Riddles (prahElikaah) in Sanskrit

SuryaPrakash Sharma ridhi88 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Dec 28 16:56:46 UTC 2000

--- Dmitri wrote: > Thanks for the reply, SuryaPrakash Sharma -- now I > know better what I am > looking for. > > An example of such riddle is a Sphynx question: > "Who walks in the morning on four legs, in the > afternoon on two and in the > evening on three?" > > What I am looking for is an example of ancient > (about 500 BCE) riddle in > Sanskrit (or any other language of ancient India), > based on words having > several meanings and, if possible, on two ways of > splitting an untterance > into words. > > Is there such riddle, used in works on phylosophy, > grammar, rhetoric? > I would appreciate a complete example. > > Best regards, Dmitri. > . > tri. > dear mr dmitri the riddle asked may be having one folloing meaning:- it actually reveals the humem life,saying that the morning when the mem is child,he walks on four legs ie two each ahnds,and legs.in afternoon when,he is a young men he walks on two legs,in evening when he is old men he walks on three legs that is two legs and one supporting stick. >