Harappan language (latest Frontline URL)

Sun Dec 17 06:57:02 UTC 2000

This "ivory tower expert" on India (who has lived and worked for 5 1/2
years in Nepal and India), and is otherwise termed a "Romantic Euro-centric
Missionary Communist," (NS Rajaram) will not run out of steam for along
time, but he must strongly protest against being put in the  company of
white supremacists:

P. Manansala (welcome back from friendlier, anything goes territories!) wrote:
>> Does this mean Witzel and Farmer are in the same
>> company with white supremacists...

A.Jha answered:
>Judging by thier recent articles in that Leftist
>magazine Frontline and their tirades against whosoever
>speaks for Hindus (without Aryan-Dravidian divide),
>the answer to your question is a big YES.

Small question, for which I beg enlightenment from Akilesh Jha (author of:
Sexual designs in Indian culture, 1979?) :

How can a recently anointed Communist (to be exact, as of Oct. 13, 2000)
share company with "white supremacists"?

Rationalists of all countries, unite!

PS: I did not know so far that only S. S. Misra, S. Talageri, K. D. Sethna,
S. P. Gupta, Bh. Singh, M. Shendge, Bh. Gidwani, P. Chaudhuri, A. Shourie,
and S.R. Goel speak for Hindus...  without the Aryan Dravidian divide (add:
the Sino-Tibetan divide: Newars, Manipuris, and the Austronesian divide:
Balinese!)

Of course, all these peoples belong to the same language family, and ethnic
group... :^)

Michael Witzel
Department of Sanskrit & Indian Studies, Harvard University
2 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge MA 02138, USA

ph. 1- 617-496 2990 (also messages)
home page:  http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~witzel/mwpage.htm

Elect. Journ. of Vedic Studies:  http://www1.shore.net/~india/ejvs