recent messages

Akhilesh Jha hindu108 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Dec 13 04:23:36 UTC 2000

Namaskar,

As other members have very well said we must
oppose the whitewash of historical crimes against
Hindus by muslim invaders and Christian missionaries.
We must not attack, or make scapegoats or blame
some for the crimes of their ancestors but we must
not forget the attack, the loot, the plunder, the
destruction brought upon Bharat by invaders. And,
we must not rest till the historical crimes have
been accounted for, not by making scapegoats but
by returning of looted properties, by admitting to
the crimes and by a clear commitment of not
repeating the same.

To ask, "how constructive it is to dwell on
something that happened so long ago" is escaping
from the responsibility. Before asking such question
to Hindus of Bharat, why don't we suggest Jews to
forget what happened to them so long ago, why don't
we suggest to Palestinians about forgetting their
history, why don't we ask Australian aborigines to
forget what the settlers did to them.

No, history and historical crimes cannot be forgotten
so simply because it hurts some. More so when the
crimes were committed in the name of a religion and
that religion, that theology is still roaring to
destroy everything that is different from them.

The only way to correct historical crimes is to face
them head on, not to play politics with them.

Regards.
Jha