Black as Evil

Subrahmanya S. subrahmanyas at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 12 22:32:57 UTC 2000

>Vidyasankar wrote:
>Meanwhile, we have this sort of highly polarized white "Aryan"
>vs. black "Dravidian" pseudo-scholarly discussion going on here.
>I think people interested in scholarship should keep themselves
>informed about potential non-scholarly (mis)uses of their work.

While I sympathise and agree with Dr.Vassilkov's concern about
the ridiculous black/white nonsensical emails.
It must be pointed Indians have been subjected to this
kind of nonsense for a long long time.

Christian fundamentalists use these kinds of arguments in
their missionary literature.

Recently, It was pointed out on another list a few weeks ago
that the marxist academic Panikkar who has
been on a speaking tour of US universities has been stating
that the Aryans had invaded and subjugated
the Dravidians. The Aryans were uppercaste etc etc...

So I would second Vidyasankar's call that scholars should
keep themselves informed about abuses of their work.

Regards,
Subrahmanya