Book "Additions to Bloomfields Vedic Concordance"

Peter Wyzlic pwyzlic at UNI-BONN.DE
Thu Dec 7 11:47:12 UTC 2000

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Harry Spier wrote:

> A few weeks ago I came across a reference on the internet to a book called
> "Additions to Bloomfields Vedic Concordance" but unfortunately I didn't take
> any notes at the time and now I can no longer remember where I saw the
> reference or find it again.  I also don't see the book listed on the Library
> of Congress on-line catalogue.  Is anyone familiar with the book and can
> give me the bibliographic reference and any other information about it
> (contents, reliability etc.).

It may be that the following work is meant:

	Sharma, Aryendra: Beiträge zur vedischen Lexikographie :
	neue Wörter in M. Bloomfields Vedic concordance / von
	Aryendra Sharma. -- München : Kitzinger in Komm., 1959/60.
	-- XXI, 366 p. -- (PHMA : Mitteilungen zur idg.,
	vornehmlich indo-iranischen Wortkunde sowie zur
	holothetischen Sprachtheorie ; Heft 5/6)
	Orig. Ph.D. thesis, Univ. of Munich, 1939

Perhaps some libraries list it under the name of the series (note
that "PHMA" is an uppercase Greek word = Rhema).

Peter Wyzlic

--
Peter Wyzlic
Indologisches Seminar, Universitaet Bonn