Job Ad for Comparative and SA Literature

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Tue Dec 5 21:13:37 UTC 2000

Hello Folks,
        Here I am reproducing the ad for a position at Michigan in
Comparative and SA literature.  Though the deadline for application was
Dec 1st, 2000, we are still open to late coming applications.  Here is the
text of the ad:

Assist Prof of Comp Lit & South Asian Lits & Cultures
Approved opening for an Assistant Professor of Comparative
Literature and South Asian Literatures and Cultures to begin September 1,
2001. Specialization in postcolonial theory with a focus on the
modern literatures and languages of South Asia. Required: Ph.D., ability
to teach in both English and languages of specialization. Send
letter of application, recommendations, writing sample, and c.v. to Tobin
Siebers, Director, Program in Comparative Literature, University
of Michigan, 2015 Tisch Hall, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1003. Review of
applications will begin December 1, 2000 and continue until the
position is filled. All applications will be acknowledged. The University
of Michigan is a non-discriminatory-affirmative action employer.

Please send the applications to Professor Tobin Siebers, and not to me.
Best,

                                        Madhav Deshpande