Studies on present-day Hindus

NAYAK Anand anand.nayak at UNIFR.CH
Mon Dec 4 09:06:50 UTC 2000

Dear Indologists,

I need your help to elucidate a question. The indology so far has
concentrated on " Hinduism " " Hindu texts " " Casts " " sects "  and other
Hindu institutions. But Hindus themselves have not been often objet of its
study. It seems that indology is interested more in things than in persons.
Are there studies of Hindus comparable to subjects in Christianity like "
Roman Catholics " " Lutherans " " Orthodox "  Christians ?.  I mean studying
Hindus of India, their religious identity, categories of religious
affiliation, varieties of normal (not sectarian) hindu religious groups... I
would be thankful for comments. Greetings.
Anand Nayak

Sarvesham svastirbhavatu        May all be prosperous
sarvesham santirbhavatu         May all be  peaceful
sarvesham purnambhavatu         May all be whole
sarvesam mangalambhavatu        May all be happy

INSTITUT DE MISSIOLOGIE ET DE SCIENCE DES RELIGIONS
INSTITUT FUER MISSIONS- UND RELIGIONSWISSENSCHAFTEN
Université de Fribourg
Avenue de l'Europe 20
CH-1700 Fribourg
Tel:    026/ 300 74 38 (Office)