SV: Rajaram's bull

Arun Gupta suvidya at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Mon Aug 14 13:59:55 UTC 2000

Professor Witzel wrote :

 Rajaram recently boasted to some of us that he has many friends in the
 Indian Government and that the Union Government has "advised" the National
 Book Trust to bring out his "popular  book"  'From Sarasvati River to the
 Indus Script' in English and thirteen  other languages." (Sanskrit seems to
 be missing? -- I hope the Book Trust will at least fill in the article!)

You have convinced us that Rajaram is boastful and possibly untruthful.  So
perhaps R's claim of "friends in the Indian Government" is untrue as well.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it. If Rajaram is not boasting, the ensuing fight
to preserve the integrity of academia in India will do a world of good.
Such values are never granted from above; they are won from below.  A people
who are not willing to fight for it do not deserve it.

-arun gupta