mistake

vijay shankar vijay0104 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 10 05:56:39 UTC 2000

Such things do happen. But this brings to mind a nice
quotation from Mark Twain (?)OPENED BY MISTAKE TO SEE
WHAT WAS INSIDE>
--- Steve Farmer <saf at SAFARMER.COM> wrote: > I
apologize to everyone that by accident yesterday I

http://www.swordoftruth.com/swordoftruth/archives/byauthor/navaratnarajaram/articles.html

http://liinwww.ira.uka.de/bibliography/index.html#search

> When you get there, reset "Results" (set by default
> at "Citation"
> in the drop-down list) to "BibTex" to return the
> fullest
> information. Then type "Rajaram" in the search field
> and hit "Search."
>
> When you get the results, scroll down the other
> "Rajaram" entries
> (other people), just looking for "N. S. Rajaram."
> When you see
> his name, click on it in the link. It will yield
> full entries on
> all of Rajaram's referenced studies in the field.
>
> You will find bibliographical listings of two minor
> engineering notes:
>
> (1) A three-pager in SIGSAM Bulletin (an engineering
> bulletin) in
> May, 1980.
>
> (2) A one-page note in InTech (put out by the
> Instrument Society
> of America) from April, 1987.
>
> That's it! The bibliographical database might miss
> something, but
> not much. And it NEVER misses anything important. To
> put it
> lightly, these skimpy notes hardly support Rajaram's
> boast that
> "For more than ten years, he was one of America's
> best-known
> workers in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics"!
>
> These claims are as worthy of a horse-laugh as his
> bogus "horse seal."
>
> If you want to compare Rajaram work in these fields
> with people
> who in the same decade WERE "America's best-known
> workers in
> Artificial Intelligence and Robotics," type in (in
> the same
> Search Engine) any one of the names I list below.
> These names
> represent a few of the people in these fields whose
> works I've
> read (and I'm *hardly* an expert in artificial
> intelligence).
>
> Sometimes references will pop up that simply *refer*
> to these
> writers, even though they aren't the authors of the
> cited works.

=== message truncated ===