[ADMIN] Re: New Indology List

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Thu Apr 27 19:56:18 UTC 2000

I'm delighted someone has started a new list for Indological
discusions.  Good luck!

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, yuki rajiv wrote:
> Please note that there is a new Indology List that
> does not censor member comments nor exile researchers
> for their opinions.

Rajiv seems to suggest that the present INDOLOGY list does this; of course
it does not.  The list is unmoderated: postings are never censored, and
all postings to the list are circulated.  Researchers are not exiled for
their opinions about INDOLOGY, but I have recently cancelled the
subscriptions of some people who I considered had insulted other members
of the list.  This action was taken because of their bad manners, not
because of any particular academic view they might espouse.

> To join the new Indology List, simply choose ONE of
> these 2 options:

> email program

NO NO NO NO!!!  P l e a s e  do not do this.  As Brigit has already noted,
all that will happen is that your message will be posted ao the 640 other
members of INDOLOGY, and you will still not have joined the new list.

With Egroups, it is by far better to connect with the Egroups website, and
join your list.  That way, you get much more control over the details of
your subscription, you get to choose a password, and so forth.

Don't just "reply" in your email program!

--
Dominik Wujastyk
Founder, INDOLOGY list.