New Indology List

Periannan Chandrasekaran perichandra at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 27 13:30:50 UTC 2000

--- yuki rajiv <yukirajiv at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> Please note that there is a new Indology List that
> does not censor member comments nor exile researchers
> for their opinions.
>
> To join the new Indology List, simply choose ONE of
> these 2 options:

> email program
>
> -OR-

Mr. Yuki Rajiv:
Greetings.
I find that naming your new egroup with the same name as this
reputed forum is indecent because:
1. It confuses people who have heard of this forum and rely on the solid
reputation it has earned.

2. Based on the sample  ethical flimsiness that has gone into choosing the name
for that group, it is my humble but considered prediction that your egroup is
not going to be as scholarly as this and hence is going  to be a place for
"weak" postings that will *tarnish* the reputation of this group.

3. Your forum will unfairly take advantage of brand name of this derived from
the sustained reputation built over the years.

I wonder if Dominik is alreay thinking of talking in legal terms with the
operators of egroups.com and with the founders of the fake group.

Peace be on earth.

Regards
P.Chandrasekaran.