Two Questions

Denise Hanusek denise_hanusek at HARVARD.EDU
Tue Apr 25 13:42:43 UTC 2000

Dear members of the Indology list,

I have two questions that I hope someone on the list may be able to answer:

1) I am currently reviewing a book whose introduction was written by
someone named Kala Acharya.  He is most likely a Maharashtrian and may be
in the Pune area.  The introduction deals with Hindu spirituality.  Does
anyone know who he is?  Can you give me any information about him?

2) There is an aphorism in the Poetic Eddas which says something like:
"Better to remain silent and have people think you a fool than to speak and
remove all doubt."  Does anyone know if there is a similar aphorism in
Sanskrit literature?

Thanks very much for your help.

Denise