Arguing techniques

Subrahmanya S. subrahmanyas at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 25 14:23:06 UTC 2000

Michael Witzel wrote:

>Anybody who has read this list over the past decade might have
>noticed that *some* regard our discussion as a sparring or (Thai)
>boxing match where every kick and trick in the book is allowed
>(details can be supplied
>from a list of old arguing techniques & tricks).

I do share Dr.Witzel's grave concern in this matter.

While this forum is merely a mailing list. The techniques
that Dr.Witzel mentions are found in some of the scholarly
books as well.
The Indo-Aryans of Ancient South Asia volume edited by
Erdosy is one such example.

Also, Most members of this list will remember that a short time ago
one well known list participant started making immature comments
about stupid Belgians !!

The irony is that these same persons after having indulged
in viciousness - even in books - now claim victimhood :)

(As per Dr.Wujastyk's suggestion I have added emoticons :) )

Regards,
Subrahmanya