general comment

Vijay Shankar vijay0104 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 25 06:42:35 UTC 2000

Thwere was a time when if anyone wished to publish a paper he/she had to
forward it  through ameber of a learned society. Then cama a stage where
one could submit a research article/comments in his/her own right,without
having any pre-established social or professional credentials.Now ,thanks
to internet ,we have reached a stage where we can go on record without any
peer review or expert evaluation.Moreover the forum is multi-cultural and
multi-ethnic.This free-for-all atmosphere should encourage cross-
fertilization of ideas and not mud-slinging
Under the cicumstances,it is necessary that we take peoples' opinion at
face value,and respond to it at the same level.It is unfair to attribute
motives or cast aspersions. A person should  not be judged ,only his/her
views.