Vedic accent / visarga

Sun Apr 23 13:54:11 UTC 2000

You can find a discussion of virtually all Vedic accent systems, including
several unknown ones (as found only in manuscripts) in:

On some unknown systems of marking the Vedic accents. Vishvabandhu
Commemoration Volume = Vishveshvaranand  Indological Journal  12,  1974,
472-508

<with the usual misprints; if you need an exact copy, please write me.>

PS. the several systens of Samaveda accentuation need special attention.

========
Dr.A. Stone:
>Dear Colleagues
>
>Here are some comments on Michael Everson's revised proposal for Vedic accents
>in Unicode (vedic-accents.pdf).

>Dr Anthony P. Stone, Project Leader, ISO/TC46/SC2/WG14 project on
>Transliteration of Indic scripts.

Michael Witzel
Department of Sanskrit & Indian Studies, Harvard University
2 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge MA 02138, USA

ph. 1- 617-496 2990 (also messages)
home page:  http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~witzel/mwpage.htm

Elect. Journ. of Vedic Studies:  http://www1.shore.net/~india/ejvs