Manifestation or Knowledge

nanda chandran vpcnk at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 22 06:11:18 UTC 2000

I've a question for those who're knowledgable in the following three schools
of Indian Philosophy : 1. Advaita, 2. MAdhyamaka and 3. YogAcAra.

It's to be noted that the first two schools deny the ultimate validity of
the pramAnas or the means of knowledge i.e., empirical knowledge is only for
practical use but is ultimately useless.

So my question is, according to the above schools :

Is reality to be known? (if so, then how and using what means?)

Or is it that when all knowledge ceases, reality will manifest itself?

I would be grateful if appropriate quotations from the original texts are
quoted with the replies.