Zoroastrians in other countries

Rustam Masalewala masalewala at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 15 02:02:53 UTC 2000

Thanks to Koenraad Elst for his detailed response and also to Christopher
John Fynn.

I have been wondering about Zoroastrians in countries surrounding Iran. I
know about those in Karachi. Are there any in other nearby countries? How
about the new nations that were once part of the Soviet Union?

I have heard there there were some once in China. Until when did they they
exist in China, Afghanistan, Azerbaijan etc?

I read that in Baku, Azerbaijan, the Fire-Worshipers' Temple used to belong
to the Hindus, instead of the Zoroastrians. How is that possible?

Rustam