Kafirs

Christopher John Fynn cfynn at DIRCON.CO.UK
Thu Apr 13 14:43:18 UTC 2000

Rustam Masalewala <masalewala at HOTMAIL.COM>

> Christopher John Fynn wrote:

> >Of related interest:
> >LITTLE TIBET: Renaissance and Resistance in Baltistan
> >http://www.tibet.ca/wtnarchive/1998/6/21_4.html

> The article would seem to suggest that Buddhism can come
> back.

Or perhaps that it never completly died out there.

> I have heard that in Islamic rule, apostasy is unlawful,
> punishable by death. Also no other religion may be publicly
> preached in a way to compete with Islam. Thus once Islam
> is dominant, there is no going back to any other religion.
> Is that correct?

> Is it legal for Muslims to become Buddhist in Pakistan?

> Rustam

I don't know anything about  these Islamic laws you have heard of  but wherever
there is religious rule (no matter what the religion) I think you will find that
followers or converts to other faiths usually end up getting treated as second
class citizens.

- Chris