vasudhaiva ku.tumabakam

Arlo Griffiths griffithsa at RULLET.LEIDENUNIV.NL
Mon Apr 3 15:14:30 UTC 2000

The second phrase is also found in the Hitopade;sa (I cannot find the place
right now), and was quoted to me by an Oriya Vaidika as an argument against
his conservative fellow brahmins for why westerners should also be allowed
to see the Vedas, in casu, Vedic manuscripts (which tends to be a problem,
in Orissa at least).

-- Arlo Griffiths

CNWS / Instituut Kern
Universiteit Leiden