New Catalogus Catalogorum

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Sep 29 22:47:28 UTC 1999

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Allen W Thrasher wrote:

> Another reason the continutation of this tool (and it must be a
> continuation, not just a 'completion,' because there will be new
> catalogs produced indefinitely) is  [...]

You make good points.  About this one, the only solution to the ever
increasing data that should be added to NCC is to put it into a relational
database.

However, I don't think it is the moment to do that right now.  Too
ambitious.  Also, in Madras they actually have thousands of slips already
written out, waiting for editing and publication.

So although a "total" solution -- web, computerized, etc. -- is something
to look forward to in the longer term, I think it is important *now* to
think about the simpler goal of pushing the printed NCC to completion.

--
Dominik Wujastyk
Founder, INDOLOGY list.