Mian Abbas und Padre Zyndenbos

Hans Henrich Hock hhhock at STAFF.UIUC.EDU
Wed Sep 8 17:16:44 UTC 1999

I am disturbed by recent messages, including and especially this one,
which have degenerated to a level of name-calling that I, for one,
find utterly deplorable.  Can't we do better than this?

Hans Henrich Hock

>Hell Mian Abbas,
>
>I am really impressed by your proofs that most people of North India are
>foreigners. In fact, your name also reminds me of the Iranian Abbassids. I
>really liked your equation Shaiekh = Arab, because it reminded me  of a
>proverb of Bengali Muslims--" Today I am an Ansar. If my crops are good this
>year, I will become a Shaiekh. And if they are good next year also, I will
>become a Sayyad." I also had a Pakistani (Balochi ) friend who was 1/16 Arab
>because a great grandfather was an Arab. And he was so proud that he is
>superior to Pakis because they are Indians while he is an Arab!
>
>I am all for empowerment of women. Whenever you launch an agitation for
>Muslim women (Nikaahed or Talaqued or those "Whom the right hands of Muslim
>men possess"--Koran) to tear their viels, abolish polygamy, give maintenance
>to Shah Bano and also save little Ameena from the old Abdullah. I will be
>ready with my slogans:
>
>Aaj ki naari phool nahin chingari hai
>Hamse jo takreyaga choor choor ho jayega.
>=
>I am really happy that you gave me that website address. It shows how
>millions of Indian bahans are killed every year. I will now read that report
>to find out why every 3rd child that is conceived in the USA is aborted. Or
>why the ISLAMIC republic of Pakistan has the lowest Women : Men ratio in the
>world. As a return favor, I am listing the addresses of some Islamic
>websites here. If these are not ISLAMIC enough, tell me. I will give you the
>address of Taliban and Hamas.
>1. Hindu Kush means Hindu Slaughter
>  http://www.hindunet.org/hindu_history/modern/hindu_kush.html
>2. The Magnitude of Muslim Atrocities (From Ghaznavi to Taimur)
>http://www.hindunet.org/hindu_history/modern/moghal_atro.html
>3. Hindu Genocide in East Pakistan
>http://www.hindunet.org/hindu_history/modern/hindu_bangla.html
>4. Persecution of Christians in Islamic Lands
>http://www.domini.org/openbook/
>5. Murderous Assaults of Indonesian Muslims on Indonesian Christians
>http://www.huaren.org/focus/
>6. Destruction of Hindu Temples by Aurangzeb
>http://www.hindunet.org?hindu_history/modern/temple_aurangzeb.html
>7. Minorities in Islam
>  http://www.lordbyron.org/D8YeOr.htm
>8. The Place of Women in Pure Islam
> http://debate.domini.org/newton/womeng.html
>9. The Holy War
> http://answering-islam.org/Nehls/Ask/war.html
>10. Satyameva Jayate
>   http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate/
>
>I also agree with Padre Zynedbos that Koenraad Elst must write on the
>destruction of huts oops! churches at Dangs. Also mention that the riot
>started when some true Christians stoned some Hindu monks addressing a Hindu
>rally. Also add a list of the the many hundred Hindu Rheang women who were
>raped in Christian Mizoram last year because they did not want to become
> [...]

Hans Henrich Hock, Director
Program in South Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
220 International Studies Building, MC-489
910 S. Fifth Street
Champaign IL 61820
217-265-5016, 217-244-7331
fax 217-333-6270