ATI, rant vs cant

Bharat Gupt abhinav at DEL3.VSNL.NET.IN
Fri Sep 3 12:16:51 UTC 1999

> Dominik Wujastyk wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Bharat Gupt wrote:
> >
> > > THE TRANSFER OF AURVEDIC CONCEPTS TO SHAPE THE HIPPOKRATIC IDEAS IS
> > > ANOTHER.
> >
> > Dear Dr Gupt,
> >
> > I would be the happiest scholar if I could find solid evidence of a
> > transmission between Indian and Greek medicine, in either direction. There
> > are hints here and there:
> >
> > [PS, may I suggest that you don't use capital letters for everything?  It
> > gives the impressions of shouting, and suggests that you are writing in a
> > convulsion of apoplectic choler, which I'm hoping is not the case :-)]
> >
> > --
> > Dominik Wujastyk
> > Founder, INDOLOGY list
Dear Dr. Wujastyk,
My posting was on the criss-cross nature of the development of Indo-European entity,
in which like the Egyptian impact on Greece, I had taken the Ayurvedic example.
Ayurveda in its conceptual form is much older than Hypokratos or his tradition.
As the humour and dosha theories are so specific and nearly identical in both the
sytems  along with concepts of saucha and katharsis, exchange is only the explanation.
Specific exchanges like in astrology need not be the only criteria in my view.

AS  FOR THE CAPITAL LETTERS I USE THEM ONLY TO DISTINGUISH THEM FROM THE CITED TEXTS.
 BUT NOW THAT THEY THREATEN TO APPEAR AS APOPLECTIC CHOLER TO A  MEDICALLY IMAGINATIVE
PERSON LIKE YOURSELF AND MAY LIKE WISE APPEAR AS PREACHING FROM THE PULPIT TO THE
SPIRITUALLY INCLINED, I am happy and content to be in the lower case.
Bharat Gupt
Asc. Prof. Delhi University.