books on Indo-Aryans

Edwin Bryant ebryant at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Sat Oct 23 22:32:45 UTC 1999

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Diana Mickeviciene wrote:

> Could anybody inform me about the two books by Edwin Bryant on I-A
> debate (anounced on this list on Sept. 10). Are they already available?
> How to order

Neither book is likely to be available till next year.  I am awaiting the
return of my ms from OUP's editors, and we are still waiting several
papers for the Curzon edited vol which has yet to be submitted to their
editors. The info is as follows:

Bryant, Edwin.  In Quest of the Origins of Vedic Culture: The Indo-Aryan
Inavsion Debate   New YOrk: Oxford U. Press, in press.

--- and Patton, Laurie. The Indo-Aryan Controversy: Evidence and Inference
in Indian History.  Richmond: Curzon Press, forthcoming.