Tamil Heritage

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at PADMACHOLING.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Wed Oct 6 00:31:04 UTC 1999

Hi, all !

Being fairly new to this forum, I am not familiar with its conventions
for rendering Sanskrit and Tamil sounds via email -- other lists I
subscribe to use a different system.
Having a recent though somewhat subsidiary interest in the
relationship between Sanskrit, Dravidian and Munda languages, I would
like to follow the threads better.  Would some kind sould tell me what
the "z/zh" transcription stands for, please.
Also how would one go about learning Classical Tamil -- there seems to
be a complete lack of suitable materials even in the SOAS (Univ of
London) library which does not even have Andronov's book.

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge