Parasol in India

Geeta Bharathan geeta at LIFE.BIO.SUNYSB.EDU
Sat Nov 20 14:46:18 UTC 1999

Thanks for the information about invention of the parasol.
It seems to me that the paper-based parasol must be a Chinese invention;
was it based on some general type of cloth-based device?
What is the distinction between a parasol and an umbrella (in the note
below)?