Sanskrit text books info needed

Ulrike Niklas sasun at NUS.EDU.SG
Sat Nov 20 00:33:50 UTC 1999

There is a very good German textbook which is now also available in English:

A. F. Stenzler "Primer of the Sanskrit language" translated into English ...
by Renate Soehnen-Thieme. University of London, School of Oriental and
African Studies, 1997.
You can get it directly from SOAS.

Ulrike
-----Original Message-----
From: Krishna Kalale [mailto:kkalale1 at SAN.RR.COM]
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 1999 7:53 AM
To: INDOLOGY at LISTSERV.LIV.AC.UK
Subject: Sanskrit text books info needed

Can anyone help me with a list of text books which I can use to teach
sanskrit.  I am trying to teach 2 levels - beginners, and intermediate.  I
studied using Indian books long time back.  I am trying to teach here in US
so that children and adults can learn the language.  I guess an english-
version would be good for students to follow.  I dont know where to look.

thanks

Krishna Kalale