KhecarIvidyA

James Mallinson jim at RAWLINGSFARM.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Nov 19 14:31:04 UTC 1999

Dear Ramesh,
You are welcome to see my work but it's not quite finished yet. I hope to
submit my thesis within a couple of months. It's a critical edition (from 25
manuscripts) and annotated translation of the text. I spent a few years in
India living with yogis so I've included some of their advice in the notes.
There's also an introduction in which I describe the origins of the text and
how it has changed plus a chapter on how the practise of khecarImudrA has
roots in practises described in the Buddhist Pali Canon and tantric texts,
and how it developed the exalted position it holds in haThayoga.
The thesis is typeset using TeX. If you're familiar with that then I could
send you the files by e-mail otherwise it will have to be snail mail.
Yours,
James.