When did the gods become literate? Was: Are the gods literate?

Srini Pichumani srini_pichumani at MENTORG.COM
Wed Nov 10 02:24:01 UTC 1999

George,  thanks for the synopsis of the Prof.Thieme's article...  don't have
quite the same access to these things now...

Hopefully,  this question doesn't start off an unproductive debate...  but I
would like to ask the learned among this list as to what correlation can be
postulated or already has been researched,  between this reconstructed minimal
set of sounds and the real set of 30 sounds in Tamil specified by TolkAppiyar.  I
think V.S.Rajam's thesis comparing the Tamil and Sanskrit traditions predated
this article and don't remember her commenting on this issue.

-Srini.