Poison, Witches, bones and flesh

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at PADMACHOLING.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Mon Nov 8 02:05:04 UTC 1999

Hi, Richard

****************
I would also be grateful if anyone help me find references to bones
being
transmitted to the offspring by the father, whereas flesh is coming
from
the mother (again in Uttar Pradesh or in the Himalaya).  I am
particularly
interested in any relationship of the idea of flesh with the idea of a
flower (like what Carrin noticed for the Santal - does this appear
anywhere
in the Vedas?).

I haven't had time to check any references for you, but I think this
is also the Tibetan Buddhist view (and possibly Indian Buddhist) -- it
may derive from medical theories.
I'll get back to you if I can find anything.

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge