Indus Valley script used by Tribals in Bihar, May 1999

Vishal Agarwal vishalagarwal at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu May 27 22:53:03 UTC 1999

Following is an informal related comment by Dr. Rajaram, which he permitted
me to post today.

Sincerely,

Vishal
___________________

The Indus script has left its impact on many Indian and West Asian scripts.
Among the relatively modern are Landa and Gurmukhi used in Punjab and Sind
(before partition). Brahmi of course is a descendant of the Indus, which was
what allowed Jha to decipher it in the first place. For this reason Jha and
I call it 'Proto-Brahmi'. There is evidence in the seals themselves to
indicate that the Harappans called their writing Brahmi. Shaunaka tells us
the same.

  Devanagari also a derivative of the Indus.We discuss all this in our
forthcoming book THE DECIPHERED INDUS SCRIPT.

sINCERELY,
RAJARAM