Christianity in India (was: Nambudiris)

Georg von Simson g.v.simson at EAST.UIO.NO
Wed May 26 08:56:44 UTC 1999

><<<
>St. Thomas christians of India are talked about in early Christian
>documents at least from about 350 A.D and the ties betweent the Indian
>church and the Persian church are a established fact based on
>documentation from the period 350 A.D. or so. I will try to get some
>more specific info on this. This still doesn't establish St. Thomas's
>visit, but at least the advent of Christianity in India in the first
>  few hundred centuries A.D.
>>>>

>  Pl. inform us of a university level publication talking of
>the connection between Persian and Indian churches in 4th century AD.
>Possible, but where it is written??

Perhaps the following publication will help (I have not seen the book yet,
but I know Klimkeit as a reliable scholar):
Ian Gillman and Hans-Joachim Klimkeit: Christians in Asia before 1500.
Richmond, Surrey: Curzon Press, 1998.

G.v.Simson