Bhagvatpada Samkara and his views on Samkhya in the Bhasya on BG 18.19

Vishal Agarwal vishalagarwal at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun May 23 22:24:50 UTC 1999

Dear Sri Vidyasamkar Sundaresan,

In an old email, I had mentioned that Bhagvatpada accords partial validity
to 'Samkhyan categories' (in contrast to his comment on B.S. 2.1.2) in his
commentary on a verse of the 18th chapter of BG. . You asked me for the
specific verse. I did post a response but apparently it did not post
correctly (as with several other responses). Please refer to his comment on
verse 18.19

Regards

Vishal