Racial Origin of Caste (Re: varna and jati)

Paul Kekai Manansala kekai at JPS.NET
Sun May 23 17:17:02 UTC 1999

Hi Samar,

Obviously the opinions of Clyde Winters and Runuko Rashidi won't
be too popular with some on this list. I've corresponded with
both these researchers over the Internet.  The genetics articles are
mainstream though.

I notice that you are posting from an Indian address.  Were you able
to see Rashidi when he came to India?  The Black identity movement seems
to be gaining a lot of popularity among Dalits.  And Winters is widely
published in South Indian journals.

Regards,
Paul Kekai Manansala