Living & Dead Systems

Ferenc Ruzsa f_ruzsa at ISIS.ELTE.HU
Sat May 22 21:48:52 UTC 1999

Dear Professor Hebbar,

My point was essentially aesthetic in nature - I feel that calling a
philosophy dead does not sound very encouraging. Something like outdated,
useless, rotten, stinking ...
Of course no sane person would think of changing some people's system of
beliefs or even practices above their heads. (But some insights,
understanding and interpretation might be respectfully offered.)
If some of the darzanas are more or less 'dead' as schools, but alive as
sources of possible inspiration - why not use a milder term, say 'dormant'
or 'historical' or whatever.

-----Part of the Original Message-----