Eating leftovers

Sudalaimuthu Palaniappan Palaniappa at AOL.COM
Sat May 22 17:11:12 UTC 1999

Dear Dr. Hoogcarspel

In a message dated 5/22/99 11:24:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
jehms at KABELFOON.NL writes:

> There's an article of Charles Malamoud about the concept of remainder in
WZKS
> XVI 1972

I do not know what WZKS stands for. Is that a journal or conference
proceedings? I am interested in the traditional interpretations of the
episodes such as those in the lives of of Ramanuja and Umapati zivAacharya
where they eat/attempt to eat the leftovers of non-brahmin teachers.

If the article addresses the relationship between a teacher and his disciple,
I would like information about how to get that. Thanks in advance.

Regards
S. Palaniappan