Scripts KannaDa/Telegu/SinhAla

Swantham swantham at TECHPARK.NET
Sat May 22 01:31:30 UTC 1999

Dear Sri Balaji Hebbar,
Thank you for your interesing,rich and, varied presentations.Infact all the
Indian scripts have developed from BrAhmi which  is an example for the
all-pervasive Aryan influence. As for Malayalam my mother-tongue the
influence was so fatal that we threw away our alphabet and embraced the
Sanskrit alphabet. While Tamil does everything with its double
vargas(ka-Na,Ca-Na,Ta-Na,ta-na,pa-ma) we in Malayalam have all the
twentyfive.
Recently I found out a manuscript of a work by ChattampiSwamikal who was
one of the leaders of the renaissance of Kerala,named ADBHASA and edited
and published it. The book is in Malayalam.It tries to establish that
MULADRAVIDAM was the ADIBHASA.It discards the theory that Sanskrit is the
ADIBHASA.
I have given the Brahmi,Kharoshti and all other Indian scripts in another
of my recent book MANUSCRIPTOLOGY.
My research topic for Ph.D. was the study of Advaitasiddhi of Madhusudana
Saraswati who wrote it in retort to Vyasatirtha's Nyayamrta. I have devoted
a chapter for the controversy between the Dvaitins and Advaitins.
More later. As you may know I am a new-comer in the Indology list.
Thank you.
Dr.K.Maheswaran Nair
Dept. of Sanskrit
University of Kerala.