ASR Newsletter - Vol. 11 No.4 & Vol. & 12 No.1

Volker Thewalt bq8 at IX.URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE
Fri May 14 12:44:44 UTC 1999

Since the Newsletter was attached in .txt-format
there should be no danger of transmitting viruses
ot the like (the same is true for documents in
.rtf-format).
(MS)Word documents containing macros or other
executable files *may* be dangerous -- simple
text-files can't.
Best regards

At 08:09 14.05.99 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 5/14/99 3:09:41 AM Central Daylight Time,
>asrbng at BLR.VSNL.NET.IN writes:
>
>> Dear Sirs,
>>  You have been sent this Newsletter as we thought you are interested in the
>>  activities of the Academy.
>
>Since attachments offer an easy way to transmit viruses, is there any list
>policy regarding attachments? I certainly would not want to open these
>attachments given the recent experience.
>
>Regards
>S. Palaniappan

       LaserSatz  Thewalt
       Dr. Volker Thewalt