Ref. check verse 7.22 Bhagavad Gita

Harry Spier harryspier at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 20 17:21:56 UTC 1999

If anyone could tell me if the BORI critical edition 1947 reading for
Bhagavad Gita verse 7.22 is "tasyA rAdhanam" or "tasyA ArAdhanam" I
would greatly appreciate it.

Belvalkar 1962 and The Mahabharata at Dr. J.D. Smith's web site  both
read "tasyA rAdhanam". Belvalkar does not list "ArAdhanam" as a
variation.

Dr. van Buitenen in "The Bhagavadgita in the Mahabharata", Col. Jacob's
concordance, Apte's Practical Sanskrit Dictionary and the popular
editions I checked including Dr. Radhakrishnan use "ArAdhanam".

Sankaracharya's Bhasya in Warrier's edition from Ramakrishna Math
paraphrases both i.e. "... rAdhanam ArAdhanam Ihate"

Many thanks

Harry Spier