hAlAsyapurANa and hAlAsyarahasya

Michael Rabe mrabe at ARTIC.EDU
Fri Mar 19 13:49:23 UTC 1999

In a message dated Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:39:49 EST, Sudalaimuthu Palaniappan
writes:

>I have concluded that the earliest extant work on Ziva's games in Madurai is
>the work by Nampi...

prompting me to hope you can tell me whether or not any of the various
recitations of Ziva's games in Madurai include reference to slaying an
elephant demon.  Approaching the question from another direction, are there
any sthala puranic explanations for how the mountain Anaimali, just
northeast of the city, came to have this name?

Thanks in anticipation of any leads,
Michael Rabe