[ADMIN] Policy on frequent/voluminous postings

Loriliai Biernacki biernack at CCAT.SAS.UPENN.EDU
Mon Mar 8 22:50:03 UTC 1999

Dear Dominik,
 I think your strategy sounds great.  Having said this, on a philosophical
note I couldn't help but be intrigued by what struck me as the latently
oedipal structure of this strategy ("get the guy on the top of the
mountain" game we played as children.) -- don't get me wrong, I'm not
criticizing, just theoretically interested in how paradigms manifest
politically (and by the way yours is certainly a difficult job,
and you've been amazingly good at it)  Just by way of contrast,
another strategy might be (what I perhaps erroneously would label a
Swedish approach) to give everyone a quota of so many words/ bits
per month and anyone who exceeds would be required to sit
out the next month.  This isn't actually a suggestion, I, not by nature an
offender, don't really have a clue as how to get others to lower their
volume. It's just a way of looking at the issue from another angle.
all the best,
Loriliai Biernacki
University of Pennsylvania

According to Dominik Wujastyk: