Universal varnas?

Martin Gansten mgansten at SBBS.SE
Sun Mar 7 17:14:41 UTC 1999

>Some get too worked up at any hint of a political undertone.

Undertone? *Undertone*?!?

>We have participated in discussions on this list on subjects such as:
>Indian Children Born Abroad, and Deepa Mehta's 'Fire' and they were very
>productive and educative

I see no fault in discussing political and/or inflammable issues. What I
object to is people using all manners of discussion as pretexts for
political agitation.

If anyone knows the answer to my original question (re. classical Hindu
views on the universality of varna), I'd be glad to hear it.

Regards,
Martin Gansten