Louis de La Vallee Poussin

Jonathan Silk jonathan.silk at YALE.EDU
Wed Mar 3 18:32:00 UTC 1999

>You can get some information from following book.
>
>Abhidharmakosabhasyam / by Louis de La Vallee Poussin ; English transl
>ation by Leo M. Pruden. -- (BA07178310)
>Berkeley, Calif. : Asian Humanities Press, 1988-1990
>4 v. ; 23 cm -- set - v. 4
>
>esp., A brief Biography of  Louis de La Vallee Poussin in Vol.1, pp.xv-xix.

This is of course nothing more than an English translation of the
remembrance published by M. Lalou and J. Przyluski. I don't have the
original publication details at hand, but everything should probably  be
found in the volume of the _Bibliographie Bouddhique_ in which the complete
bibliography of LVP is found (again, my copy is not by me now, but if
necessary I can get the reference if someone else does not supply it
sooner).  In fact, it may be there that the remembrance was published...

Jonathan Silk

jonathan.silk at yale.edu

Dept. of Religious Studies
320 Temple St.