Pythagoras mentioned in Vedas?

Bo Klintberg klintber at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Thu Jun 17 20:20:31 UTC 1999

Dear Lars Martin,

I thank you for inviting me to such a debate, but I am afraid that I will
have to pass. The reason is simply that I don't think that this type of
inferential logic will do any good to history in general or Indological
research in specific. As I see it, there is nothing that can be compared
with real evidence (archeology, etc.). Therefore, at least in my own
research, I will invest my time in more rudimentary research and less in
philosophizing.

Perhaps an example is appropriate here. Anyone who reads Greek philosophy
must have been quite surprised over the accounts that Arstotle left us
with. Although an excellent philosopher in his own right, his ability <to
observe> the world around him left him with some really unsatisfying
conclusions. I think we all can learn something from this example.

But I nevertheless wish you all success in your philosophical efforts!

Greetings from a cloudy and chilly Toronto,
Bo Klintberg