Aurobindo about Advaita

Swaminathan Madhuresan smadhuresan at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jun 16 17:21:39 UTC 1999

In the past, giving importance to one person is singularly missing.
We have no inscriptions at all mentioning either Sankara or Ramanuja.
Take Huge temples, Big books - hard to tell who made them. Opposite: A pencil
sketch of Matisse or Van Gogh gets 100 graduate school theses.
The West insists on who did what and when? I would think
they gave Sankara a spectacular rise in 19th and 20th century careers.