Pythagoras mentioned in Vedas?-A simpler explanalation

Toke Lindegaard Knudsen tlk at MATH.KU.DK
Mon Jun 14 21:05:49 UTC 1999

On 14 Jun 99, at 13:36, Lars Martin Fosse wrote:

> If you are working on the Shulbasutras, you should definitely read the papers by
> A. Seidenberg. Seidenberg has a contribution on Vedic geometry in Staal's book.
> The book should be at the University library of Oslo. It would formerly be at the
> Indo-Iranian Institute, but the whole institute library is being moved these days
> to the new university library. "Agni" may not be available for
some time.

Thank you for the help.  I know of Seidenberg's work.  His ideas are
very interesting and he has many good points.  Are you aware of
any references to reactions to his ideas from more conservative
scholars?  Jens Hoyrup (an authority on Babylonian mathematics)
told me to be very careful with Seidenberg.

Regarding "Agni" then I ordered it via the Royal Library here in
Copenhagen, but for some reasons they never got back to me.  I
will try and contact them again.  I get the impression that "Agni" is
a very important work.

Sincerely,
Toke Lindegaard Knudsen