!Re: Sri Aurobindo

Lars Martin Fosse lmfosse at ONLINE.NO
Mon Jun 14 10:59:26 UTC 1999

Vishal Agarwal wrote:

> Dear Drs. Reimann and Dr. Fosse,
>
> To the post beclow, I might add here that a more extensive exposition of
> Swami Dayanada's theory of Trivishtapa being the origin of Homo Sapiens is
> found in his series of 15 lectures called 'Poona Pravacana.' These were
> delivered by the Swami during his trip to Poona. .....

Dear Vishal Agarwal,

thank you for an interesting posting. However, I should perhaps warn you that my
paper does not deal specifically with Dayananda and his teachings. He is just
mentioned in passing because I try to establish a skeleton chronology for the
acceptance of Indigenous Aryanism as exemplified by some leading figures of the
nationalist movement. Here, Indology has provided me with better information
than my printed sources, and has saved my a lot of work (otherwise, I would have
had to spend a disproportionate amount of time pursuing a problem which is
marginal to my paper). My paper in its present avatara (draft) deals more with
the rhetoric of indigenism than with its substance.

Best regards,

Lars Martin Fosse