Is "Sanskrit" Dravidian ?

Periannan Chandrasekaran perichandra at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jun 11 19:53:59 UTC 1999

--- Swaminathan Madhuresan <smadhuresan at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> >>Are you really saying that Latin -um, Greek -on and Sanskrit -am
> are
> >>related?
>

> > Okay, so what are your reasons for claiming that they are not
> related?
> >
> > Gail Coelho
> >

> I do not think there are any serious reasons.
>
> Regards,
> SM

I think it is not so easy to dimiss it.
Then could someone answer my question (posted eons ago and got lost in
this stampeded) asking
*when* north indian IE speakers started dropping the final (or even
middle) -a and -am from Skt words...as e.g. in
Skt. kumArasambhavam --> kumArsambhav
Skt. mayUram -> mayUr ...etc.

Regards
Chandra